[caption id="attachment_42" align="aligncenter" width="240" caption="Easy samosas"][/caption]
Source: Real Simple
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- Kosher salt and black pepper (I used table salt)
- 2 cups store-bought refrigerated mashed or frozen mashed potatoes, thawed (about 16 ounces) (I used Idahoan brand potato flakes)
- 1 10-ounce package frozen peas, thawed
- 1 15-ounce package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 jar mango chutney (optional)
- (Sour cream or plain yogurt) This is my addition
- Heat oven to 375° F. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Add the curry powder, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the potatoes and peas.
- Unroll the piecrusts and cut each into 6 triangles. Place a heaping tablespoon of the potato mixture in the center of each piece. Gather the corners of the dough and pinch to form a point. Pinch the seams to seal. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake the samosas until golden, 22 to 25 minutes. Serve with the mango chutney and/or sour cream/plain yogurt if using.
I made these last week for the first time, and I already bought ingredients to make them again this week. That good and easy! I hope you enjoy as well!