Beginning on Mother's Day, May 8 - A Jennuine Life is hosting a competition for Mothers to Be, Being, or Been where you can link up in weekly "trimesters" under maternity, nursing, or postpartum projects for a chance to be one of nine (get it?) finalists. The finalists' projects will be voted on, and the winner will receive some fabulous Mommy prizes - check out some of the prize sponsors in previous posts!
So, hopefully you're beginning to get excited about sewing for Pregnancy/Nursing/Postpartum as part of Mother to Be, Being, Been and now you need to know how this will work - well, here's the lowdown:
How it Works
- Sewn in 2011: It doesn't have to have been made specifically for this project, but let's keep it current - sewn in this year.
- Photographed on a person: Preferably on you, but since that can get difficult - just do your best!
- More than just embellished: I'm not saying that every stitch of the project has to be sewn by you, but if you've just added rosettes to an existing maternity top, then this doesn't count. Refashions are great - let's see some ingenious transformations! If you've used a pattern, let's give credit for it!
- One photo per project: Pick one photo of your project to enter in the contest. If you have other pictures of the top that you'd like everyone to see, please feel free to add a link to the rest of your photostream in the description.
- Should be text and AD-FREE: I get that you want to protect your work; however, if you become one of the nine finalists I will be posting your picture here on the blog and cannot have any text on that image. If you decide to use a watermark, it must be extremely subtle (clear and small) or digital/invisible.
- Added: To the Mother to Be, Being, or Been Photobucket pools during the respective weeks - I'll publish links at the kickoff of each week.
- Has a title with your name in it: The title of your project should contain your name (Ex: "Pink Nursing Top by Susan")
- Is labeled: in the description area of your project, please include your NAME (Yup, again), the PATTERN you used if applicable, the FABRIC you used (describe or provide as much information as you can about it (name/type/designer), and -- if you would like -- a LINK(optional) to your website where we can see more (this can always be added later). Please feel free to write more in the description area if you would like!
- Mother to Be - Maternity: May 8 - 14
- Mother Being - Nursing: May 15-21
- Mother Been - Postpartum: May 22-28
- Voting: Nine finalists will be selected and voting for the winner will be from May 29 - June 4.
I've been working away on some inspiration pieces in addition to the articles that will be published by my fabulous guests! Spread the word, folks - the more the merrier!