I finally have the quilt finished for baby #2's nursery!
I'm really happy with how it's turned out; I was a bit hesitant about the polka dot border but I do like it now that it's all bound and quilted. I had a pretty good debate on how to quilt the border, but I decided to take a less is more approach. I'll hand embroider her name and birthdate once she's here, so I like that there's not a lot going on in the border.
For the rest, I decided to just quilt 1/4" away from the seams to avoid having anything quilt over the gathered squares. I like how this turned out really well and it was pretty easy even without a walking foot.
I just love these little birdies! The nursery theme is birds and trees, so I jumped on this fabric when I saw it!
I've had to do some re-arranging in the nursery to get the guest futon to fit without blocking the dresser drawers. I think this layout will work out for the best in the end, but now my blue accent wall is where the futon moved to, and I'll have to paint the wall behind the crib. I think it will be nice with two blue walls; the gray was a little too plain on all three walls anyway. So, that leaves nine weeks to get the wall painted, changing pad covers sewn, curtain panels created and hung, crib skirt, and maybe bumper. I have a feeling I'll be doing some of the sewing after baby arrives - hopefully this one likes hanging out in the sling carrier while Mommy works as much as Arden did!