Arden you are now self-proclaimed to be "the biggest girl ever seen!" at the ripe old age of three.
You have the longest and thickest eyelashes I have ever witnessed. And when you flash those steely blue eyes at me, it makes my heart melt.
Add to that a beautiful great big smile and the happiest giggle. I love tickling under your chin to hear you laugh uncontrollably and wiggle in my arms. You've mastered your tricycle and the Plasma car, going all the way around the block many times.
You posses a great imagination. You've started weaving these elaborate tales about what you did the night before and who was there. We go on rocket ship and train rides in our living room on a regular basis. You whip up fabulous treats in your play kitchen and then share them lovingly with everyone in the house - Laser, Sophie, Otto, Erwin, Poe, Hadley, Mommy & Daddy.
You can be so serious for a little girl. Then the next moment you're hopping (which you learned how to do this year) off on another adventure.
It baffles me how you can look like a little girl one minute and seem all grown up the next.
This year you found your love of sand and sun and flying a kite (even if it didn't stay up for long),
became a preschooler,
and a big sister. As a big sister you have made me so proud with how loving and gentle you are towards Hadley. You have shown no signs of jealousy towards your sister and seem to think of her and include her as if she was always here. You are indeed the best big sister ever seen!
I've started a tradition of asking you twenty questions on your birthday so we can see how your answers change over the year (or day by day as the case may be!):
1. What is your favorite color? Pink
2. What is your favorite toy? Monkey
3. What is your favorite fruit? Strawberry applesauce
4. What is your favorite TV show?Bob The Builder
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Macaroni & Cheese
6. What is your favorite outfit? Ballerina outfit
7. What is your favorite game? Cootie
8. What is your favorite snack? Teddy Grahams
9. What is your favorite animal? Sweet Pea (my cousin's pony)
10. What is your favorite song?Jingle Bells
11. What is your favorite book?Little Miss Bossy (how ironic!)
12. Who is your best friend? Charlie bear
13. What is your favorite cereal? Cheerios
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Swing up high and hold on tight
15. What is your favorite drink? Milk
16. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Panty pillow (so named because it was a prize for staying dry all day on a trip to Mackinac Island when we rented the cottage last summer)
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Bagels
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Cake