Today I'm feeling a little like Alexander from Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. Hubby Dave is out of town and bless his heart, he boarded the dogs so I don't have to deal with them and they don't have to be satisfied with yard time instead of a walk for several days in a row. But it just feels like every little annoying thing that could go wrong in the last 12 hours has done so:
- The "off" switch on Hadley's monitor stopped working, so I spent 20 minutes taking it apart and diagnosing a tiny piece of plastic which had broken, and wouldn't go back together with glue. So, I tuned both girls' monitors to the same station which leaves them both sort of static-y.
- I've been standing at the
cuttingdining room table working on nautical flags for long stretches of time and my right hip and back are very unhappy about that.
- Hadley is teething something fierce which means she's waking up more than she normally does. She's such a good-natured baby that once I deal with her teeth she's not upset, but she plays with her pacifier and babbles loudly, keeping me awake even longer.
- Arden woke at 6:15 this morning and could not be convinced to go back to bed, so instead of getting 20 minutes to get myself ready and fed and all my bags (computer, pump, milk for daycare, purse) dropped in the car, I got to entertain a preschooler.
- Hadley woke early as well, so I had to grab the closest clothing and try to feed her with Arden practically sitting on my lap. Hadley's been very distractable while nursing lately, so she didn't finish and I had achy boobs until I got to work and pumped.
- During drop off at daycare, I was talking sort of animatedly with Miss Jackie and somehow tweaked my neck. Yes, I can injure myself while talking. I'm just that skilled.
On the flag front, I've got 20 banners completed, and another 20 backs cut. I got the final quantities and dates from One Kings Lane and they're fine with 40 banners by May 7, but if I can get another 10 they'll take them as well. That extra 10 banners was a pretty nice weight to have lifted off my shoulders.