Today was the first day of Kids Clothes Week Challenge hosted by Elsie Marley. I've participated once before - right when I started this blog and have meant to play along many times in the meantime, but it never seems to work out. So I was pretty happy to start the week off on a productive note.
Hadley took a 2.5 hour nap so I was able to get Arden's ladybug dress for her Halloween costume 95% complete. She's a great sleeper, but she typically naps more like an infant - only for about an hour and then going back down about two hours later. She still took a 1.5 hour nap after lunch so I'm thinking growth spurt?
It's actually done now; I was able to hem it during the afternoon nap when both girls were down, but I didn't get pictures. I modified my pinafore pattern to make this - lengthening the tunic length to be about knee length and making it a zipper closure vs. the criss-cross overlap. My plan for this costume is to make the dress wearable outside of Halloween and just add wings, antennae, etc. for dressing up. We picked up some red polka dot tights at JoAnn today.
I've also made progress on my friend's son's costume. He wants to be a tree so I dyed a plain grey hoodie brown up to the armpits and green above. Now I just need to tack all the leaves on it and there's some fun embellishments planned!
All together, I think I got about three hours worth of kid's sewing accomplished today. Now we'll see how I do the rest of the week when I have to work outside the home during the day...