Here's the Party Skirt I made for Arden in place of her version of the Party Dress I made for Hadley. I had grand intentions of trying to make a full dress, but I just couldn't figure a way to make a bodice with the fabric I had - not even if I lined it in a totally different fabric.
So, I just made the skirt part of the Party Dress and added a casing and elastic. Toss on my label and we're all done.
It seemed to work just right with the fluttery shirt knockoff I made during KCWC. I really had trouble getting the colors adjusted to be true to life, so without further ado - here's the combo modeled during daylight (albeit a dreary rainy daylight and hence the Hello Kitty rainboots. Not part of my intended styling, but they're cute!)
It's a super twirly skirt, so once I convinced her that a skirt is nearly as good as a dress she was ready for some spinning.
I love the three dimensional butterflies on the fluttery shirt. I seem to have acquired a bit of a fascination with felted wool applique (here and here) - the outcome is just so cute!
Most of the time the only way I can get her to pose is to ask her to twirl or jump. Once she gets into it, she starts freestyling.
There was a slight posing incident immediately following this shot. Apparently balancing on one leg is still a skill to be mastered.