I was pleased to be selected to pattern test for See Kate Sew's most recent collection, the Nostalgia Collection. We were allowed to select which pattern we wanted to test, and I dove for the Bubblegum Coat immediately.
The fabrics I used are a polyester blend bouclé and the lining fabric is a premium quilting cotton, both from Jo-Ann Fabrics. I wanted to make it a nice fall-weight coat and I'm pleased with how these fabrics worked. Polyester isn't terribly forgiving of too hot an iron for things like the collar or pockets, so I used wonder tape where I could instead of pressing.
How fun is that lining? The pattern was great to work with and the fit was excellent. I added understitching along the collar and edgestitched the entire coat because I felt it made the collar lay a little nicer and made the coat look more tailored.
The only hiccup in the process, and the reason I didn't post this until over a week after Kate's release of the patterns, were those dang giant buttonholes! No fault of the pattern; I chose to do large buttons because I thought they worked well with the proportions of the coat. However, they're about twice as large as my automatic buttonhole foot will accommodate, so I had to make my own buttonholes. After some ripping of stitches and fiddling, I think I worked it out pretty nicely.
Arden found the last lonely daisy along our driveway and then some tiny daisies I think are called fleabane poking through from the neighbor's side of the fence.