Hashtags have a way of growing into something more, don’t they? Well that dear friends, is what just happened with the #SatyaSeason hashtag I casually applied to some of my most recent posts of the Satya Romper I made to accommodate Arden’s most recent growth spurt.
I’ve been working quietly on two patterns which will be unveiled soon, and thought it was a good time to shine the spotlight on the very seasonally appropriate Satya Romper. You know I love to play with patterns and encourage all of you to do so as well, so let’s make it a game of sorts… with PRIZES… and DISCOUNTS!!
First, the DISCOUNTS:
Starting today, the Satya Romper — and heck, all summer-ish PDF patterns in my shop are 40% off with code SATYASEASON. So the Satya Romper, Naples Dress, Verona Dress, LOL Swing Top, and Haven Acres Blouse are all part of the discount. I figure I can’t have one of the categories as a mashup and not have anything with which to mash it, right? Mashing with non-Jennuine Design patterns or self-drafting is perfectly fine, though I really am curious to see how my patterns could work together.
Imagine Gnats is offering 20% off with code SATYA20 at http://imaginegnats.com/shop – Rachael has an amazing selection of fabrics available in her shop – the chambray union stretch by Robert Kaufman pictured on the shorts of the romper above is a personal favorite of mine!
Raspberry Creek Fabrics is also offering 20% off with code SATYA20 (purely coincidental that both shops used the same code, but doesn’t that make shopping easier?) at https://www.etsy.com/shop/RaspberryCreekFabric. RCF is known for their knits and club fabrics, but they also have a really nice selection of woven garment fabrics.
- Pattern Package from Jennuine Design
- $50 from Imagine Gnats
- $50 from Raspberry Creek Fabrics
- $25 from Hawthorne Threads
Now, the DETAILS:
- Join the Jennuine Design Pattern Group on Facebook – that’s where all the fun will be happening! I’ll be re-posting on Instagram as well, so follow Jennuine Design there too!
- Get your pattern(s), source your fabrics and trims and get sewing!
- Post your finished project(s) into the appropriate photo albums in the Facebook group. Anything made this season is fair game. Entries may fit in more than one category; post it in each that fits. If you don’t know where it should go, Fabric Love should work just fine. Share on Instagram, Facebook etc. with the hashtags #satyaseason and #satyaromper.
- On Friday, July 1 I’ll announce the winners!
- Fabric love: Utilize different prints, pairings, substrates, techniques, etc.
- Hack it, mash it, flip it: Mash the Satya with any of my other patterns, another designer’s pattern, or draft your own modification. *I’m perfectly okay with naming other designer’s patterns in my group, but please check the group rules for other designers before giving this information in another group.
- Trim it out: Trims are so popular right now, let’s see how trims can change up the look!
- Color blocking: Add style lines or trick the eye with color blocking.