I have another pattern release to announce! The Clipper Shorts have set sail to join the Schooner Tee & Dress released in April. The Clipper Shorts have launched with great fanfare, filling a need for a more classic styled short for kids.
Unisex and sized for children newborn through 12 years, the Clipper Shorts have a range of options appropriate for a beginner through intermediate skill. They are a classic style short that will be perfect for playground or classroom and longer inseam lengths.
- Three fly options: no fly, faux fly, or half fly
- Two waistbands: two piece for use with no or faux fly, or three piece for use with the half fly and button closure
- Optional front pockets and welt back pockets
- Optional pieced shorts to allow for topstitching, trims or colorblocking
- Two lengths: Jamaica – mid-thigh, or Bermuda – above the knee
- Optional waistband tie
I’ve added an extensive section on fitting since shorts/pants often need a little tweaking to get just right. I also had a nice lightbulb during testing that not everyone has a French curve, so I’ve went ahead and put one on the pattern pieces for you!
I had a release week sale, but I didn’t get myself together to post here about it.
…but… all is not lost!
As some of the options for the Clipper Shorts are more complicated, I’m going to host a sew along starting tomorrow. I have an event set up in my Facebook group, Sew Jennuine Design, and there’s a code in the event to get the same discount as the release week. So head over there and join in! I’ll be posting here with the daily photo tutorial and a special video tutorial for the welt pockets. All the discussion and fun will be in the Facebook group and event.