The Clipper Shorts are a unisex and versatile short ready for playground or classroom. There are three options for the front: a half placket with a buttoned waistband, a faux placket or no placket with a flat front waistband. Any style can be made with pieced front and back to allow for colorblocking or embellishment details. There are optional front pockets and welt back pockets and two lengths: above the knee Bermuda and mid-thigh Jamaica.
Unisex sizes newborn through 12 years.
Difficulty level: Confident Beginner to Intermediate depending on options.
This pattern is delivered via immediate download as a51-page PDF file which features:
- printing with layers, providing the ability to print only the size(s) desired
- detailed illustrated diagrams
- thorough step by step instructions
- extensive guidance for a well-fitted final garment
- French curve template
- full-sized pattern pieces with seam allowances included
- seams are finished or enclosed for a professional result
- measurements given in imperial and metric throughout
- links to the Sew Jennuine Design group on Facebook for additional assistance and community
A detailed guide is provided to print only the pages needed for the desired size and options. A copy shop file is available upon request.
Recommended fabrics include:
Medium weight cotton or cotton blends such as quilter’s cotton, chambray, drill, or twill. Linen, wool blends and lighter weight corduroy or velvet.
Due to the nature of this digital product, refunds are not offered after files have been downloaded.